The TQC Automatic film applicator provides a reliable basis to apply coating films to test charts, panels or foils in a uniform and reproducible way in order to eliminate variations caused by human factors.
Variations in speed, pressure and direction of draw down cause irregularities. Other factors that may influence the result are the shear rate and the weight of the applicator. With the TQC Automatic film applicator these variable factors are being stabilised. Over the complete surface the film thickness is even. Samples created with the TQC Automatic film applicator are reproducible. It’s possible to produce a large number of identical laboratory precision draw downs in a short period of time.
The quality of the applied film is important for research on rheological properties of the applied media. To prepare samples for testing rheological properties, abrasion resistance, hiding power and gloss the TQC Automatic film applicator is a must have. Multiple types of automatic film applicators are available for either glass/paper/metal substrates or foils.
Block- and spiral applicators
All models can be used in combination with either standard block type film applicators such as bird/baker models, or spiral bar type film applicators (wire wound rod type) depending on the configuration chosen.
- Full Color Display & Triple i Control® - Intuitive operating by means of a completely new designed Triple i Control® interface: Intelligent Illumination Indicator. At each step of the operating menu the interface detects which buttons are active and indicates these by means of an illuminated red centre. This results in a very intuitive operating system which is enhanced with information on the machine’s display.
- Increased stroke length - Increased stroke length up to 415 mm in order to coat larger panel such as scrub test panels as used in ASTM D 2486, ASTM D 4213, ISO 11998 and other scrub test methods. Bed length has been increased up to 520 mm. New application direction: from left to right instead of from back to front.
- More choices of vacuum areas - More choices of vacuum areas. Besides A3 and A4 sizes the new TQC automatic film applicator also accept A5 and ASTM D2486 scrub panels to be set digitally without the need to tape down open holes.
- Larger Mermory - Larger memory to store customer setups to minimise setup time and possible setup errors.
- Automatic chart clamp - A new, moto-driven, automatic chart clamp to secure and release test charts automatically thus speeding up workflow and enhancing ergonomics.
- Adjustable Tool Carrier - Tool carrier height can be increased to allow coating of thicker panels / samples.
- Drying Time Recorder option - Drying Time Recorder option.
- USB Port - USB port for, amongst others, operating the machine with a full size keyboard or computer mouse. Preparations are made for further developments and remote control.
- Even Temperature Distribution - Model AB4400 has an even temperature distribution throughout the perforated heated vacuum bed.
- AB4120 - Glass Bed | The Automatic Film Applicator with Glass bed is best suited for testing charts with spiral bar coaters. Due to its flexibility in settings it allow for accurate creating of any thickness of film.
- AB4220 - Perforated Vacuum Bed | The Automatic Film Applicator with perforated vacuum bed is the ideal tool use with block and blade applicators. The build in vacuum pump will hold all sample charts firmly in place.
- AB4320 - Double Channel Vacuum Bed | The Automatic Film Applicator with double channel is designed specially with flexible foils and substrates in mind. The test bed allows for wrinkle and indent free positioning of the samples.
- AB4400 - Perforated Heated Vacuum Bed | The Automatic Film Applicator with heated perforated vacuum bed allows you to test special applications up to 140°C. The heated bed is the need to have tool for battery
- AB4420 - Combined without Bed | The Automated Film Applicator with both vacuum and clamp is the universal film applicator. Suitable for any type of substrate and able to handle the most difficult tasks.
INSTRUMENT CONTROLS AND FUNCTIONS ADDITIONAL DETAILS
||0.1 – 500 mm/s
|TRAVERSE SPEED ACCURACY
||+/- 1% of set speed
||50 – 415 mm / 1.97 – 16.34 in
|STROKE LENGTH ACCURACY
||+/- 2 mm / 0.08 in
|MAX. TEST CHART SIZE
||515 x 300 mm / 20.28 x 11.81 in
|MAX. TEST CHART THICKNESS
||9 mm / 0.35 in
|MAX. TEST SUBSTRATE THICKNESS
||35 mm / 1.38 in incl. coating
|MAX. VACUUM AREA
||DIN A3 / Scrub
|AUTOMATIC VACUUM AREA
||DIN A5, DIN A4, DIN A3, Scrub
|WIRE BAR SPIRAL AREA
||Max. 325 mm / 12.8 in
|MIN. WIRE BAR LENGTH
||345 mm / 13.58 in
|MAX. WIRE BAR DIAMETER
||10 mm / 0.39 in at fixation points
|WIDTH OTHER APPLICATORS
||Max. 300 mm / 11.81 in
|HEIGHT OTHER FILM APPLICATORS
||10 – 80 mm / 0.39 – 3.15 in
||490x640x290 mm / 19.92×25.2×11.42 in
||100 – 240VAC / 50 – 60Hz
||Max. 50 Watt
||480 x 272 pixel TFT display
||5-key Navigation Switch, Mouse and Keyboard Optional
Datasheet - Models: Glass, perforated vacuum and double channel vacuum bed (pdf)
Datasheet - Model: Perforated heated vacuum bed (pdf)
Brochura TQC AUTOMATIC FILM APPLICATOR STANDARD